View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 AM
CatdaBrat (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Icon8 Questions about MS Word

I bought a new laptop, and paid for Office 365. I only wanted one app on that bundle, which was MS Word. I never even opened the package (key card) because I discovered that the version of Word is "non-commercial", which means I cannot use it for selling my work to publishers.

I need the commercial license for Word but try as I may, I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where I can locate this commercial version? I can't even find it on the Microsoft Store site.

Also, I am wondering if it is possible to buy a newer version of Word (2013) on a disc rather than a downloadable version. Another thing ... is every downloadable version limited to a one-year subscription rather than a one-time cost? Programs are expensive -- seems unfair that we can't keep what we purchase, but have to buy it all over again year after year.

I am leaning toward abandoning Word for good and seeing if there are any other word processing programs out there. Only thing is, most of the publishers I work with want Word, and all my previous files are on Word.

Last edited by CatdaBrat; 11-23-2015 at 11:21 AM..