View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 07:29 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Hi Binx.

You're right. I went beyond the question. I went to the question behind the question. "How can I improve my writing?"

I've had many courses in all kinds of writing but none online. So I guess, according to the your rigid idea of sticking to the subject of the question, I should be quiet.

I have a flaw in my personality. It's not possible for me to be quiet. Not a part of of my DNA.

I'm laughing and having fun with you. Are you smiling?

"Excuse me. Do you know the way to the Library?"
"Yes."
"Well, where is it?"
"That's not what you asked me. You asked if I know the way to get there and I do. Now you're asking me another question of where it is." (points) "It's over there. And while you didn't ask if it's open, it's closed today."

I've always thought it best to give as much as possible to leave the questioner with more info than they expect. Very much the same approach you use in your excellent feedback.

I see these 'data dumps' as random acts of kindness. Some people see them as meandering. Go figure...

I really enjoyed writing this response to your response. It feels like a random act of fun. I'm laughing and my day is now brighter. I hope you are, at least, smiling...

wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.