Thread: Moving
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Parker256 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Hi everyone!

So, this is just a pre-warning and I'll post up another thread when we have an exact date, but sometime in the near future, WB will be moving. Crowdgather has purchased writers.net, and they want to make WB the new forum there.

Now, before there's any freak-out, it should ONLY be a new web address. There will be little things different (like a new banner), but we have been working very hard with CG to make sure that the forum stays the same.I

The writers.net forum that is there now will be archived, and we will be like one of those houses they load up whole and drop in on a new plot of land.

As I said, I don't have an exact date of the move yet . . . the process seems to be that they will first archive the writers.net existing forum and move all their members to become WB members. Then they will move us into the empty spot, and it *should* be all good then.

I'll keep you all updated when I get a better timeline for things!
I just went through a similar move with a sports board I run with a couple of buddies. It is a vBulletin board. If I can help, let me know.