View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:47 AM
bluewpc (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 48

Nietzsche wrote:

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

This was Nietzsche's observation of the mutilation science had done unto religion. If I could take an oblique shot at answering your question, by answering something you didn't ask, I think the real question under yours is is man divine. Because small miracles happen everyday. People are miraculously cured of disease and injury all the time its just that your perspective seems to observe only the present without the unfathomably vast history that led up to it. I mean if the spontaneous creation of matter and then that matter's coalescence into life and then that life's coalescence into consciousness that then becomes proficient enough to investigate not just the world around it but itself to such a degree that it can begin to modify its own environment, and hence its reality, if that isn't a miracle I'm not sure what is. And I'm using miracle here I'm not sure if its in the sense of its magical or the achievement of the physically impossible but certainly I'm at least using it in the sense that something is so statistically remote as to effectively be impossible.

So perhaps the better question is are we so suffused with miracles, have they become so common that we cease to view them as miracles?
The Following User Says Thank You to bluewpc For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (05-14-2017)