View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
RonPrice (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 7
Send a message via Yahoo to RonPrice
Default Several 100 Thousand Readers

As I point out above, "There are now several hundred thousand readers, and perhaps several million, engaged in parts of my internet tapestry, my jig-saw puzzle, my literary product, my creation, my immense pile of words across the internet--and hundreds of people with whom I correspond on occasion as a result"---as few as possible and only in a reactive role---for the most part. This is the bottom line for me--not who buys my books.

This amazing technical facility, the world wide web, has made this literary success possible. If my writing had been left in the hands of the traditional hard and soft cover publishers, where it had been without success when I was employed full time as a teacher and lecturer, adult educator and casual/volunteer teacher from 1981 to 2001, these results would never have been achieved. I post at 8000 sites and at these 8000 sites there are hundreds of 1000s/millions of registered users. I know from the feedback I get that there are, at the very least, literally hundreds of thousands of people reading what I write. But I will never be famous or rich since there are now something like 280 million sites on the net and some 3 billion users. We are all needles in a haystack: some, of course, are bigger needles.-Ron in Tasmania:smile:

Last edited by RonPrice; 04-21-2012 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: to add some words