View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Personally I think the people out in the streets antagonising medical professionals whilst also being totally clueless about the details and extent of the boys condition was stomach churning and only made a bad situation worse.

It's sad, but reality is sad. In these cases vitriol against anyone in particular is totally misguided. If he were mine, I'd be furious and tell them all to return to their homes immediately.

More broadly speaking the way we treat medical professionals in general is mind blowing to me. We seem to have this idea that every death is preventable and health is something which can be turned on and off at the flick of a switch and anyone withheld from this wizardry must have been mistreated.

To be realistic about two things today, a) you can't save everyone and b) health is significantly the responsibility of the individual (this obviously doesn't concern this case) has been interpreted as cold and heartless.

It's hard enough speaking these tragic truths without being vilified... seems so often like a thankless occupation.

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 04-30-2018 at 02:51 AM..