View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
iDrew (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Location: Throwing wishes off the end of world's longest pier
Thanks 441

Well I only loiter around the poetry board, so can only really say what I see is happening there. Meaningful critiquing is practically non-existent. Three or four people are tending to dominate the board, showcasing their work as if it is their blog, whilst offering very little, if anything in return. This really is the fault of a system that allows this to happen.

Firstly the ‘like’ button is a good idea in principle, however in practice it is self destructive in terms of promoting a workshop environment.

Secondly I would prefer to see a system where by a poster has to provide two or three worthwhile critiques before they can post a new piece of work. Replies such as ‘nice work’ or ‘good read’ etc., are not critiques.

I joined this site to improve my critiquing ability. Being able to understand what is happening within a poem, in a technical sense, is as important as understanding what iambic pentameter is, or forced rhymes, or whatever. I don’t think I’ll be around much longer as it is all beginning to seem a bit pointless.

xDrew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the CLUELESS COLLECTIVE’S
ALL NEW 19 OUT NOW
(min. system requirement: 1 working brain cell)
The Following User Says Thank You to iDrew For This Useful Post:
AnyaKimlun (04-02-2013)