WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Publishing (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Amazon UK or Amazon USA?? (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=57640)

Agatha Christie 08-09-2015 03:44 AM

Amazon UK or Amazon USA??
 
Can someone advise me where it would be better to post my printed books, Amazon UK or USA? They are all fiction (mysery type stories), I cannot go on both, one or the other?
Pros and cons please.

daes13 08-09-2015 05:12 AM

Upload the ebook and see which one sells better- you can put that on both. Then decide

Agatha Christie 08-09-2015 05:32 AM

amazon uk or amazon usa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daes13 (Post 703484)
Upload the ebook and see which one sells better- you can put that on both. Then decide


That's not an answer. My books are printed paperbacks, not e books and I have a choice to post them on one of the sites. Some advice relating to my query would be appreciated.

daes13 08-09-2015 05:49 AM

In that case my advice would be to turn it into an ebook so you can sell on both markets. Seems like you would have more sells with two markets especially since you could charge less.

Agatha Christie 08-09-2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daes13 (Post 703491)
In that case my advice would be to turn it into an ebook so you can sell on both markets. Seems like you would have more sells with two markets especially since you could charge less.

that's not the advice I'm asking for, well meaning though it may be.

I need to know whether to post paperbacks on Amazon UK or amazon USA. would like to know the pros and cons of each. Help. Can anyone answer my question about the two sites.

poirot 08-09-2015 07:57 AM

I'm surprised by the question. You can only have a print book sold either in the US or the UK but not both?

Agatha Christie 08-09-2015 08:01 AM

amazon uk or usa
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by poirot (Post 703510)
I'm surprised by the question. You can only have a print book sold either in the US or the UK but not both?

Please. will someone answer my question. I wish to place my paperbacks EITHER on Amazon uk or usa. Which should I g ofor?

poirot 08-09-2015 08:05 AM

I guess no one has encountered this before. And no one cam really decide for you.

I don't know the differences between Amazon UK and Amazon US. And since you aren't sharing much about what you know .... the decision is entirely up to you.

Agatha Christie 08-09-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poirot (Post 703512)
I guess no one has encountered this before. And no one cam really decide for you.

I don't know the differences between Amazon UK and Amazon US. And since you aren't sharing much about what you know .... the decision is entirely up to you.

Thought someone might have experience of both sites, or posting books on both or had some feedback on sales through both (paperbacks)....

brianpatrick 08-09-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agatha Christie (Post 703513)
Thought someone might have experience of both sites, or posting books on both or had some feedback on sales through both (paperbacks)....


You can google sales. But you have to also consider the markets as they relate to your specific works. You need someone who is familiar with markets and your books to advise you. Maybe an agent?

SteveHarrison 08-09-2015 03:39 PM

I have no idea how you distribute the books, but if it doesn't matter and you have to choose, I would go for Amazon US, as it gets far more traffic.

I live in Australia and my publisher is in the UK, but despite the bulk of marketing in those countries, 60% of my sales (ebook and paperback) are via the Amazon US site. I know that quite a few readers in OZ and the UK have also bought via the US site.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:50 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.