WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello everyone. (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=61964)

Azmacna 01-11-2018 08:27 AM

Hello everyone.

I've been absent for so long and I don't mean just from this forum. I used to love to go through other people's work and critique it. The reason I did that is because I found it easier to objectify my own work through others. I really want to get back into the swing of things. I missed you all. ... The good, the not so good and the downright 'threatening'. I'm logging in only because there's a part of me that needs this place and I don't want to forget what the people here have done for me. Thank you all for making me a better person.

brianpatrick 01-11-2018 10:33 AM

Iím sure I had no hand in making you a better person. Yeah, not me. But, welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Prodigalson 01-11-2018 11:46 AM

Azmacna, you either have been gone a long time, or were here under a different name, as I don't remember you, but regardless, welcome back. Your last two sentences could probably be spoken by any of the die-hards here, and if we keep it up, will be the sentiments of those now joining.

Welcome back.

fleamailman 01-12-2018 01:28 AM

("...just we are what we are while here I suppose, as all this is inter-dimensional between your ever so real deailylife there and this ever unreal virtual reality here, perhaps none of this has meaning to your dailylife really, it's still yours for the knowing..." ventured the goblin who must have seen hundreds if not thousands of posters come and go in his time, then adding "...forumland is like a forest where it's all too easy to become lost in its meanderings, subplots, and tons of "post and discard", yes those years pass and finally one has nothing to show for it, ah but you're different as you've returned here haven't you, and thus you face this forest anew for some reason today, so whatever that reason is remember it and keep it as your sense of direction throughout..." as the goblin then hailed for the forum doors to be flung open to allow one more once more into its midst, sighing "...you go to your grave in the end, it would be pity not to know what you could have posted simply because you wanted to flog books instead...")

Nick Pierce 01-12-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleamailman (Post 740554)
("...just we are what we are while here I suppose, as all this is inter-dimensional between your ever so real deailylife there and this ever unreal virtual reality here, perhaps none of this has meaning to your dailylife really, it's still you though for the knowing..." ventured the goblin who must have seen hundreds if not thousands of posters come and go in his time, then adding "...forumland is like a forest where it's all too easy to become lost in its meanderings, subplots, and "post and discard", yes those years pass and finally one has nothing to show for it, ah but you're different as you've returned here, and thus you face this forest anew for some reason today, so whatever that reason is remember it and keep it as your sense of direction throughout..." as the goblin then hailed for the forum doors to be flung open to allow one more once more into its midst, sighing "...you go to your grave in the end, it would be pity not to know what you could have posted simply because you wanted to flog books instead...")

Full marks, flea, full marks.