WritersBeat.com

WritersBeat.com (http://forums.writersbeat.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.writersbeat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello Again! Best Writers Beat Author Is Back! (http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=56018)

MY_NAME 02-16-2015 02:10 AM

Hello Again! Best Writers Beat Author Is Back!

Hello, wanted to introduce myself. My name is My_Name. About 5 years ago I was an active member of the writers beat community. I remember the great people that helped my journey to create the half a million dollar deal on for the book called my autobiography and my autobiography 2.

Though, I was and still am not the best writer.. I liked writing about my life. My book was about my teenage years of being a criminal and a druggie due to my hardships in life and being on my own since I was 12 years old. I was in some of the roughest and notorious juvinile lockups in the country and ended up successfully escaping when I was 17 and went on the run to Florida where I started writing the book on writers beat under the name (My_Name).

Anyway, I ended up getting cought eventually where I spend the rest of my time in prison finishing to book. The book then sold over 2 million copies. I then used the money from the books to open a pawn shop when I got out of prison, because I had experience growing up supporting myself by flipping cars and other valuables.

______
But I did not come back to write a book, my writing skills suck. I just had a-lot of passion and dedication and a little help with my writing and above all a great story to tell.

Anywho I am here to get help with something. I just re-did my homepage for my website on my pawn shop and would like to see if someone could correct the grammar

If anyone wants a quick job correcting the grammer of the whole website, since you guys love this stuff I'll pay $5.00 through Paypal.

Shout out to the people that made up my writersbeat word 5 years ago. Can't remember their names but it was something like hoitlye.. lone worf... len.. and ... idk

Nick Pierce 02-16-2015 03:32 AM

Coises, cought again!

JoeMatt 02-16-2015 04:56 AM

$5.00! Wow. I'll drop everything I'm doing and jump right on it!

Tau 02-16-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY_NAME (Post 686327)
Shout out to the people that made up my writersbeat word 5 years ago. Can't remember their names but it was something like hoitlye.. lone worf... len.. and ... idk

That would be HoiLei and Lin. Lone Wolf is not precise, as there are three members that have that as part of their name, but I guess is that you mean Winterbite (who has a wolf avatar).

I don’t know any member called ‘I Don’t know’

Nick Pierce 02-16-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeMatt (Post 686339)
$5.00! Wow. I'll drop everything I'm doing and jump right on it!

Five dollars?

I thought the decimal point was misplaced.

So it wasn't intended to read I'll pay 500. through Paypal ?

MY_NAME 02-16-2015 11:24 AM

Comon now, you guys do this for fun.. for free. now you get a chance to make a quick 5 bucks and buy yourself a nice pen on ebay.

"That would be HoiLei and Lin. Lone Wolf is not precise, as there are three members that have that as part of their name, but I guess is that you mean Winterbite (who has a wolf avatar).
"

Forgot to mention night wonder and firefly. And Tau for banning me. I beleive that was you lol.

Thought someone could just fix this paragraph for free. Honestly why I came back here, glad I did though lots to read:

We pay fast cash for expensive items and gift cards We provide a fast, safe and hassle free experience. By selecting a category below you can see if the item you're trying to sell is something that we will buy and start the initial step in getting your estimate. Depending on your item, some of the things we provide to you along with your offer from us is your items re-sale value, competing market place offers from reputable companies and in some cases a “Better Price Guarantee". You may Call Us to set an appointment time but unless you fill out an estimate form first we are not able to provide you with an estimate over the phone.

JoeMatt 02-16-2015 11:59 AM

Hey, I haven't been here in 5 years -- but I thought I'd drop in to see if I can find a sucker to edit my copy for $5.00

Don't you have any literate friends who can do it for you?

And it sounds like some kind of scam to me. Do you miss prison?

Devon 02-17-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

I just re-did my homepage for my website on my pawn shop and would like to see if someone could correct the grammar.
Perhaps you should contact an editor. Just a guess. If you're truly serious about making your website grammatically sound, then search out a good one and do it right. (And no, this isn't a plug for my own services. I charge much more than 5 bucks.)

MY_NAME 02-17-2015 01:28 PM

Ok, so here was my thought process on the whole thing. It was about 5 in the morning when I changed up my home page and I was sitting there thinking "hey who can help me with this paragraph I am having trouble with this early before I get busy and get my day going". Then an idea hit me and I was like, I know let me try writers beat, would be nice to go back there and see if anyone at this time would help me with my paragraph, because it has always helped in the past.

And to be honest, I think I was only having trouble with one sentence. Wow, big deal here let me throw out a $300.00 for that. LOL, yeah right.

Nick Pierce 02-17-2015 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=MY_NAME;

And Tau for banning me.

[/QUOTE]

Banned for what?

daes13 02-17-2015 01:59 PM

If only there was some form of etiquette or tact that could allow a person to ask for help on a site of aspiring writers- where they would gladly assist for free. Then again, foregoing humility and claiming to be the "best author"- brandishing a "half a million dollar deal", and offering a meager five dollars for a favor seems like the perfect way to go. But then I'm new so I may not know anything...

Nick Pierce 02-17-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daes13 (Post 686472)
If only there was some form of etiquette or tact that could allow a person to ask for help on a site of aspiring writers- where they would gladly assist for free. Then again, foregoing humility and claiming to be the "best author"- brandishing a "half a million dollar deal", and offering a meager five dollars for a favor seems like the perfect way to go. But then I'm new so I may not know anything...

Been mucus coughing sick for ten days, been endurin' the aggravatin' pain of an injured arm for three months and now you have posted something that got me smilin'.

I'm glad you write.

Devon 02-18-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

And to be honest, I think I was only having trouble with one sentence.
Then put it (or the whole paragraph) into Writing Help and Issues. Simple.

Tau 02-18-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce (Post 686467)
Banned for what?

He knows why, it is not your concern.

Nick Pierce 02-18-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tau (Post 686496)
He knows why, it is not your concern.

Agreed.